Code of Conduct
RULES STUDENTS MUST OBEY 2019
- Be punctual. School starts at 7:45.
If you are late for a class, you will not be allowed to attend the class.
- No smoking is allowed on the premises or within 20m “meters” of the premises, Smoking will lead to a final warning and a fine of R500.00. If the fine is not paid, the student will be expelled. If you want permission to leave the premises to smoke, a letter from your parents will be required. Only during 2nd break.
It is against the law to smoke at public places.
- Cell phones/smartphones will be confiscated if used during any class, including study periods. It must be switched off. A fine of R50.00 will have to be paid to get the phone back. At the beginning of each study period phones will be placed in a plastic container and will only be handed out at the end of the period again.
- No i-pads, tablets, laptops, MP3/4 players, i Pods are allowed at school.
- No games, cards, balls, magazines or pets are allowed at school.
- Dress in good taste:
Girls: no skin-tight tops/t-shirts, dresses, skirts, shorts, pants underwear must be worn but must not be visible
– no cleavage
– no stiletto’s/ high heel shoes
– no macro mini’s/shorts (maximum 6 cm above the knee)
– when wearing leggings wear a long shirt/top with it.
Boys: No sleeveless shirts (vests)
Boys/girls: Please use deodorant
- Students are not allowed to draw or write on desks or chairs. A fine of R50.00 will have to be paid.
- No Tippex is allowed. Only write in black or blue ink.
- Students are not allowed to go into the computer laboratory or the science laboratory without being accompanied by a teacher.
- Students are not allowed to make use of the kitchen without permission.
- No running on the stairs.
- Students are not allowed to walk around during class or a study period. Do not sit outside on the benches during study periods.
- Homework is compulsory. This includes bringing your books to school. An official warning will be issued if your name is on the homework list. 3 official warnings will get you expelled.
- Misbehavior during a study period will lead to an official warning.
- Cheating / lying of any kind and stealing will lead to expulsion from school.
- Fighting (physically or verbally) will lead to expulsion.
- The abuse of any substance (inside or outside of school hours) will lead to immediate expulsion. If a negative drug test result is submitted within 24 hours of the possession, use or distribution of illegal substances, the matter will be discussed further. Only the principal will make the final decision concerning expulsion. Her decision is final.
- Prejudice of any kind will not be tolerated. Mutual respect is essential.
- The use of bad language (swearing) is not allowed.
- Students do not organise their own extra classes with teachers, I will organise classes when necessary.
- Students are not allowed to leave the premises before their classes have been completed for the day. Ask permission to leave. When a student is dropped off at school before school starts in the morning and entered the premises, he/she is not allowed to leave the premises again. Students who finish their classes before 13:30 cannot leave the premises to return again later. They can only leave when they are collected from school.
- Eating or drinking during class is not allowed. Chewing gum is prohibited.
- Students are not allowed in any class during break / lunch apart from the study room.
- Students are not allowed to wait outside to be collected from school, during school hours. The gate must be closed at all times.
- Students are not allowed to call any teacher by his / her first name. Miss, Mam or Sir will be used.
- Please drive in at Entrance gate to drop students off and drive out at exit gate.
- Please keep bathrooms clean and tidy at all times.
- No screaming/shouting, we are situated in a suburban area
- It is essential to let me know where you are at all times if absent.
- Students and teachers will respect each other.
- No one is allowed to sit on the porch at the office building during school hours, only after school and during breaks.
- No inappropriate displays of affection.
- No littering, please throw all papers, chips packets, cool drink cans etc in the bin.
- Students have to bring their own lunch to school. Woolworths or any shop is off limits during school hours. There will be a tuckshop every 2nd break at 10:15.
- The tuckshop works with cash only and no debt.